Saturday, June 9, 2012

Yesterday was a long day!We arrived at the woods at 8:30 a.m. to meet with Kasey our field manager to go over everything and finalize the plans of the home. He staked out the house so we now have a better idea of where it will sit. He also put a Wayne Homes sign by the road.The septic guy also met us there to make sure everything would lay out with the septic. We ended up changing some things which added more money but  I think we will be happy. The garage is now on the left side and we now have two garage doors. We also had to add more lighting to the home because we were unaware that the bedrooms and sun room did not come with lighting fixtures. We still have a lot of trees to take down so we will be there till dig date (which is scheduled sometime between July 24-27th). We also met with the bank and she gave us some options as well as ordered the appraisal of the land and then we can close. As soon as we close the loan our first step is getting the driveway put in and then electric installed. This week I need to get builder's insurance quotes and go to the health department and get permits. Oh what fun!

 The past couple of days Andy has been clearing the logs that are laying down so we will have room to cut down the rest of the trees. Thank goodness the tractor is running and I hope we have no other problems with that. Andy and I are also battling poison ivy. I have it really bad it is all over my arms and legs! I am afraid that I may have to go get a shot since i have been dealing with it for 2 weeks now.  I took some pictures of what will be in the home at the meeting yesterday.




Flooring for both bathrooms

Siding and Shingles

Cabinets that will be location in kitchen and bathroom






Cabinets showed next to the flooring that will be in kitchen, dining room and living room. They will be painting the home inside a grayish white color and then we can come in and paint what we want.

1 comment:

  1. I like the flooring for the bathroom! I had thought about doing a gray color but the granite Dan picked didn't match it so we went with something else.

    ReplyDelete