Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Backfilling/Wood Delivery and stress!

Yesterday when i went out not too much had changed the basement was waterproofed.  I was able to run to Menard's and purchased the bathroom and kitchen faucets.



















After the past two days contemplating on which faucets I should purchase for the tub/shower I finally made up my mind and stopped after work to purchase those. On my way home I went to check to see if anything had changed. It is really exciting to see the progress that is being made. One problem that we knew from the get go was the home had to be raised because of the water that lays back in the woods and because of this our drive way has a large slope coming out of the garage. My concern is in the winter time we will slip right out. Hopefully we can make it a little more even with the rest of the drive way.Andy also called me on his way home and is upset about them only putting one window in the basement which there was suppose to be two so I will be calling them to discuss this tomorrow. Also he is concerned about the stairs being narrow and we also want to see if we can add a window to the garage. I also guess the hole was also too big that they drilled into the foundation for the wood stove. Let the stress of building begin!

 As we were leaving today the wood was being delivered to start framing hopefully tomorrow so I turned back around to get some pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment